Since 2011, energiewaechter works as an executor of the German Energy Solutions Initiative, by the Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi). The aim of the German Energy Solutions Initiaitive is to support in particular small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) from Germany in opening up foreign markets.
The format of the information event serves as an opportunity to find out about the market potential of a target region, make contacts and thus be optimally prepared for a later market entry. Participants of the events receive market relevant information concerning economic, social and political conditions. Some examples of the respective markets are:
- Australia and New Zealand,
Special focus was on all renewable energies, building efficiency and efficiency in industrial processes. Here we introduce one example of our work.
Puerto Rico & Bahamas: Centralized energy solutions
On October 12, 2017, we held an information event in cooperation with the : German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern US, Inc. on the topic of "Decentralized energy supply with renewable energies for Puerto Rico and the Bahamas".
The participating German company representatives received first-hand information on market entry opportunities in Puerto Rico and the Bahamas. In addition, experts provided information on the legal framework and financing options. The event included a video call to a Puerto Rico expert, located in the U.S. The expert gave a presentation on the current challenges and was available to answer the participants questions afterwards.
Services from energiewaechter
energiewaechter was responsible for the following services on behalf of the BMWi:
- Promotion of the event in its own contact network, within industry and trade associations and with the chambers of industry and commerce
- Identification of experienced experts on the topics of legal framework conditions and financing
- Organisation of the programme
- Organisation of a suitable venue including technical equipment and catering
- Project: German Energy Solutions Initiative
- Client: Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi)
- Cooperation partner: German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern US, Inc.
- Target group: German companies interested in entering the market in the Puerto Rico/Bahamas region and offering solutions for decentralized energy supply
- Objective: To provide information and contacts for German companies to support their development of foreign markets
- Place: Frankfurt am Main