Fact Finding Missions
energiewaechter GmbH is one of the executors of the German Energy Solutions Initiative of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy (BMWi). Since 2011, we have organized more than 330 events worldwide. Fact Finding Missions are guided delegation visits for experts from abroad who gain insights into German technologies and bring this know-how back to their home countries. Here we present an exemplary project.
Mexican delegation obtains information on wind power
Mexican multipliers from politics, business, and sciences obtained information about wind power technologies "made in Germany". The delegation trip was organised by energiewaechter on behalf of the BMWi as part of the German Energy Solutions Initiative. The project partner was the German-Mexican Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
At the beginning of the Fact Finding Mission, a kick-off event was scheduled om 19 September 2016 in Hamburg. The invited speakers gave lectures on the current developments in the wind energy sector in Germany. Particular attention was paid to grid integration and commercialization of wind energy as well as to necessary environmental impact assessments. In addition, the presentation on the possibilities of fire protection in wind turbines also aroused great interest. During the breaks the speakers were available to the participants for questions and answers.
On the following days, showcase facilities of German companies from the manufacturing and service sectors were visited. Among them were six companies from the manufacturing and service sectors, a research institution and an environmental authority.
The following facilities were visited (in alphabetical order):
- Behörde für Energie und Umwelt der Hansestadt Hamburg
- Deutsche WindGuard GmbH
- DEWI Deutsches Windenergie-Institut GmbH, Wilhelmshaven (German Wind Energy Institute)
- Enercon GmbH, Aurich
- Fraunhofer Institut für Windenergie und Energiesystemtechnik, Bremerhaven
- Lloyd Dynamowerke GmbH
- Siemens AG, Hamburg
- Senvion GmbH
The Fact Finding Mission offered German companies the opportunity to present their products and services and to establish new contacts with the Mexican delegation participants. The majority of the Mexican participants emphasized the value of the information provided, which was helpful for the realization of their own projects in the wind energy sector.
Services of energiewaechter:
- Organization of company visits and B2B meetings,
- Identifying and approaching German companies interested in the Mexican market through mailings, newsletters and telephone calls,
- Organisation and moderation of the launch event,
- Acquisition of expert speakers,
- Participant management and travel booking for the delegation,
- Accompanying the delegation during the trip.
- Project: German Energy Solutions Initiative
- Client: Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi)
- Cooperation Partner: Bilateral chamber of commerce Mexiko (AHK Mexico)
- Target group: Mexican decision-makers from business and politics
- Objective: To share and transfer knowledge about climate-friendly energy solutions "made in Germany"
- Places: Hamburg and surroundings