AHK Trade Missions
energiewaechter GmbH is one of the executors of the German Energy Solutions Initiative of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy (BMWi). Since 2011, we have organized more than 330 events worldwide. Our goal is to support the export activities of German small and medium-sized enterprises specialised in the development, design and production of renewable energy systems, energy efficiency solutions, smart grids and storage technologies. Here we provide an example of our work.
AHK Trade Mission to Mexico
Together with the German-Mexican Chamber of Industry and Commerce (AHK Mexico), energiewaechter organized a consortium trip on the topic of solar and energy storage technologies to Mexico. This pilot project brought together German SMEs to show them ways of participating as a consortium in a new market abroad.
In the run-up to the trip, suitable investment projects were identified in the fields of photovoltaics, solar thermal energy, and energy storage. The projects were presented at the information event "Successful market access through export cooperation" in May 2016, which was a preparatory event for the subsequent business trip. The representatives of the participating companies met with Mexican business contacts to explore the possibilities of partnership in order to access the Mexican market and get to know each other.
In July 2016, a workshop for strategy development took place. This included a video conferenc with the AHK Mexico expert team and prepared the participants for the business trip. Two business consortiums, composed of two to three companies, were registered to participate in the AHK trade mission in October 2016. During the trip, the two groups of companies presented their joint solutions in the fields of photovoltaics, solar thermal energy, and energy storage at a conference and talked to Mexican investors in subsequent meetings.
Services of energiewaechter:
- Acquisition of German particpants in the energy sector, especially SMEs,
- Conception and implementation of the information events in Berlin and the strategy workshop in Frankfurt (program planning, including matchmaking; exhibitor recruitment; organization of the venues, technology, and catering; implementation on site, moderation, monitoring, and evaluation),
- Identification of German experts for the conference in Mexico,
- Travel assistance and support for the German delegation in Mexico,
- Moderation of the conference in Mexico City,
- Evaluation of the pilot project.
- Project: German Energy Solutions Initiative
- Client: Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi)
- Cooperation Partner: Bilateral chamber of commerce Mexiko (AHK Mexico)
- Target group: German companies in the fields of photovoltaics, solar thermal energy, and energy storage
- Objective: Supporting the development of foreign markets as a consortium
- Places: Berlin, Frankfurt am Main, Mexico City